This site is dedicated to the preservation of the Apple IIGS computing platform. The archives held within can be used with emulators or for use on real Apple IIGS computers.
It is hoped that one day this archive will feature a complete library of Apple IIGS applications, games, educational software, hardware references and drivers and publication cover scans. If you’re a collector yourself, you can help make this already comprehensive archive 100% complete.
2016-09-16: The IIGS Artwork of Dave Triplett
Current Apple IIGS related Auctions Listed By Time Left:
1. Download an emulator for your computer:
(I've not had any experience with GSPort on any flavour of Linux, so it's up to you to get it running)
2. Download one Apple IIGS firmware ROM, which is necessary for an Apple IIGS to work:
3. Rename the ROM file you have downloaded according to your emulator’s instructions and place the ROM file in the same directory as your emulator executable/application. For example, KEGS requires the IIGS ROM simply be called ‘ROM’. Bernie ][ the Rescue requires that the ROM01 filename be called ‘Apple IIgs ROM 01’.
4. Download the 2image archives from this site. Un-archive each download, then open/mount them with your emulator. Reboot the virtual IIGS and begin experiencing the 16-bit Apple II.
5. Some 2image archives don’t include a bootable operating system, so you will require a boot disk to load first. Download one or both of these hard drive images, which includes a bootable versions of GS/OS:
System 6.0.1 Hard Drive Image (Complete with many shareware and freeware and every system tool and font used by almost every IIGS desktop based program ~13.3meg)
System 6.0.3 Hard Drive Image (Same as above, but updated with System 6.0.3 ~13.5meg)
All versions of GS/OS & ProDOS 16 Hard Drive Image (Setup with TaifunBoot, you can launch any version of the IIGS operating system from this single volume, now with full ROM 03 compatibility ~13.6meg)
6. Additionally you can quickly start with a wide range of IIGS software by utilising these hard drive images, which include as much hard drive installable software as possible:
System Add-ons (Customise GS/OS with a huge collection of system extensions ~12.5meg)
Fonts (Huge collection of bitmaps and a large selection of TrueTypes for use with Pointless ~15.1meg)
Action Games (~17meg)
Adventure and Simulation Games (~20.2meg)
Board Games and RPGs (~15.8meg)
Sports & Unreleased Games (Also more shareware and freeware games and game demos ~13.9 meg)
Games with Path Modifications (Specially hacked to enable more games to run from a large ProDOS volume ~8.8 meg)
Productivity & Visual Creative (both commercial software, shareware and freeware ~14.3meg)
Utilities & Aural Creative (both commercial & shareware, including many sequenced music files ~15.2meg)
Hyper Studio (pre-installed and including many, many different stacks ~14.5meg)
HyperCard IIGS (pre-installed and also includes many example stacks ~13.3meg)
Reading, Writing and Mathematics (Educational software ~15.1meg)
Science, Social Studies, Kids Creative, Computer Skills (Educational software ~14.4meg)
Graphics & Animation (A collection of classic and new graphics slideshows and animation ~18.6meg)
Hardware Apps (A collection of all drivers and software for use with specific hardware additions ~3.6meg)
Communication Apps (A collection of comms apps that you can telnet to BBSs on the net with KEGS/GSPort ~9.6meg)
8-bit Games (A collection of oldschool Apple II games you can launch from GS/OS or boot from this 32 meg disk image ~14meg)
Odds & Ends (A collection of all hard drive installable demos and some other miscellaneous wares ~11meg)
The preferred browsers for visiting this site are Firefox, Safari and Opera.
If you'd like to contact me directly regarding the site or the IIGS, please do so here